To learn the proper way to sweep the floor
- Locate a broom and dust pan in either of these places:
- By the main entrance, hanging up to the right of the door
- In the pantry, hanging next to the mop sink
2. Place the dustpan down where you intend to build the dust-pile. This spot should not be in a highly trafficked area or in the way
3. Sweep a large area of the floor to minimize the amount of piles made. For example, the entire deli production area can be swept in a single go.
4. Use the dustpan to collect the pile and dispose in the nearest garbage can. If no can is close by, bring a garbage can closer to avoid spilling dust, dirt, and debris
5. Put the broom and dustpan back in their original spots when done.