Scooping Ice Cream Into Cups
Learn how to attractively and properly scoop ice cream into a cup and present it to a guest or customer.
Proper Scoop Technique
- Stand with hips square to the freezer. Keep wrist straight. Use upper back and arm muscles
- Scoop from high point of the tub.
- Scoop around the tub. Avoid digging
- Form into a round ball. Dispense into cup without smashing scoop
- Add cap if necessary. Cup should be 3/4 full with top of scoop above cup top plane.
- Add spoon and/or waffle wedge.
- Look customer in the eyes when presenting to guest or customer, and say, “Thank you!”
- If ice cream is soft, use spring scooper.
- If ice cream is soft, push aside so that guest receives a properly cold scoop.